Since the pandemic started, Anti Asian violence has skyrocketed. From verbal to physical attacks, members of the AAPI community have become scapegoats for this pandemic.
We hope you will consider supporting one of the AAPI organizations listed in this video, who are fighting for social justice and helping AAPI members who have experienced hate crimes.
- APANO (Asian Pacific Network of Oregon) – APANO unites Asians and Pacific Islanders to build power, develop leaders, and advance equity through organizing, advocacy, community development, and cultural work. Donate or get involved.
- Stop AAPI Hate– report hate crimes, safety tip resources, donate
- Hollaback– offers bystander intervention training to stop Anti-Asian/American and Xenophobic Harrassment. Donate, enroll in a free training, or get involved.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice – fights for civil rights and empowers Asian Americans to create a more just America for all. Donate or get involved.
- Asian Mental Health Collective – It is the mission of AMHC to normalize and de-stigmatize mental health within the Asian community. Donate or learn more about mental health in the Asian community.
- Japanese American Museum of Oregon – Sharing and preserving Japanese American history and culture in Portland’s Old Town neighborhood, where Japantown once thrived.